Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"Go ahead, Frank. Tell 'im what you saw."


This is my tribute to the last of the revolutionary "nine old men" animators passing away. For as long as I've been in animation, I've never had the pleasure to hear too much about Frank 'n Ollie. My short attention span would only see the ones that stuck out, like Tex Avery, Chuck Jones and Friz Freling, just to name a few. I say thank you to those who brought them into my world, from Walt Disney all the way down to you, my friends, not only in animation, but those who support me as I trample through life as I do.

The above title quote comes from the movie "the Iron Giant" where shortly after a train runs into the head of the Giant, the two engineers, animated versions of Frank and Ollie, discuss what happened with the authorities. It's a great movie. If you haven't seen it, then do it now!!!

No comments: